Monday, October 19, 2009

Kid's Prep's

Kids Prep's.

Hi There Mom’s and Dads

First of all, I am dedicated to the safety and well being of my family and daughter. The most important thing for me is to make sure that she will have everything she needs to A) keep her entertained. B) warm and safe. This is my idea of what I have put together for my daughter who is now 10 years old. Please remember when you are prepping for your children that you are prepped for age appropriateness. I can only suggest that if you have children of older ages, that they be very involved with preps. Our daughter is. She has assisted with our food preps as well.

1. put aside some “older” sweatshirts for her. Ones that they will not miss.. HAHAH..
2. I have actually put away one or two of her dolls.
3. I have a collection of coloring books ( dollar store)
4. Crayons. They are especially cheap now that kids are getting ready to go back to school. I just bought 4 boxes at Wal-Mart for .25 cents each. Can not beat that!!!
5. Batteries ( all sizes)
6. I have purchased a sleeping bag ( adult size.. These kids grow to freaking fast for me.. Hahah)
7. From the dollar store, I have put together an arts and crafts box for her as well. Again, all different things she enjoys doing.
Theory is this. If the kids are “entertained” we as parents can go on doing what we need to do to make sure everything is in order. As most parents can agree, the last thing we need or want are kids who are fighting, cranky, etc…

8. I actually put one of my daughters stuffies in the box as well. One she enjoys sleeping with. She has many others, so I knew if I ‘”RELOCATED” one or two she would not miss it. Hahah. Most kids don’t with all the stuff they have.

OTHER ITEMS THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE ON HAND FOR KIDS:

A. baby wipes again… plenty of them.
B. feminine products if your child is at that stage of the game.
C. soap for the kids.. My daughter has extremely sensitive skin and can not use just any products, so what she needs I have actually stocked up on. ( just remember to make sure you have spread sheet of what you have and there expiration dates. What I do is review it monthly and rotate if need be)
D. If your child is in diapers.. STOCK the up. If time comes, they will be very hard to come by. My suggestion is if you are seeing that what you have in the house is starting to get snug, bring out what you have in preps and buy bigger size. Especially for those kids who are potty training.
E. I would say to the parents of smaller children ages 0-4 … have an extra play pen put aside as well. If need be and your bug out area is of unknown territory at first, this way you can keep your kids closer to you.
F. If they are of reading age, I would suggest books that they can read, not many of course do to weight. However , my daughter is into her “teen beat” magazines, and even thou she has read them, I have put them away. You never know when one might come in handy.


This is a working progress for all. Please feel free to join our site and make as many recommendations as you like. This in the long run helps all of us out.

No comments:

Post a Comment